|Endless Eight II|
|Japanese title||Endoresu Eito |
|Air date||June 25, 2009|
Endless Eight I
Endless Eight III
- This episode was exactly the same as the previous episode except the characters find out that they'd been repeating the events of August 17-31 15,498 times, in other words, for 594 years.
- Mikuru when she found out she couldn't return to the future.
- Yuki Nagato was the only one who remembers everything, for everyone else's minds were erased.
- She claims the O-bon festival was omitted on the 2391st and 11,054th cycle and the goldfish scooping was omitted 437 times.
- Part-time work was conducted 9025 times with six different variations.
- To try to solve the problem, Itsuki suggested Kyon to tell Haruhi that he loves her, but Kyon failed to say anything.
- The episode ends with Kyon going to sleep on August 31, expecting time to keep on looping.
Haruhi drags the SOS Brigade around to do various activities, including swimming in the pool, going to an O-bon festival, playing with fireworks, and bug hunting. However, Kyon becomes plagued by an increasing sense of déjà vu as the activities continue. One night, Mikuru calls Kyon in a panicked state, asking him to meet her. Kyon meets up with her, Yuki, and Itsuki to find that he has been experiencing an endless loop of events from August 17 to August 31. When time reaches August 31, time resets and everyone's memories are erased (albeit not thoroughly). This is caused by the fact that Haruhi does not want summer to end because she feels she still has things she must do. Yuki reveals that this is the 15,498th time they have looped, as well as the 8769th time they have discovered the loop. As Haruhi closes up the summer activities, Kyon suffers an intense moment of déjà vu but can't think of what Haruhi could possibly want, and in the end Haruhi leaves before Kyon can end the loop.
- This episode was the 13th episode broadcast for Season 2, but was the third new episode
- This episode is stylized with over-exposed imagery and bright light.
- In the light novels, they discovered the repeating of time 8,769 times. They have noticed the anomaly, with increasing frequency as more iterations pass.
- In the light novels, the 15,498th time was the final time the loop occurred.
- 15,498 loops multiplied by 14 days is 216,972. In Japanese the number can be read as Tsu-i-ro-ku na-tsu = "Additional summer".
- In the scene where Yuki Nagato is observing the masks, different kinds of mask represent different anime and tokusatsu series. Voltron, the Pokémon characters Chimchar, Turtwig, Piplup and Pikachu, Hello Kitty, Go-on Black and Blue, Geki-Chopper, GekiViolet, and GekiBlue from the Super Sentai franchise, Ultraman, Kamen Rider Ixa, Kuuga, and Agito and Cure Lemonade, Cure Aqua and Milky Rose of the Pretty Cure franchise are some shown in that scene.
- Paranormal phenomena observed: déjà vu and time-loop