|Endless Eight III|
|Japanese title||Endoresu Eito |
|Air date||July 2, 2009|
Endless Eight II
Endless Eight IV
- This episode features the 15,499th loop of the summer. The events in this episode are exact to those of the previous one, except for the ordinary change of clothes and speech.
Again Haruhi drags the SOS Brigade around to do various activities, including swimming in the pool, going to an O-bon festival, playing with fireworks, and bug hunting for the 15,499th time. However, Kyon becomes plagued by an increasing sense of déjà vu as the activities continue. Again, Mikuru calls Kyon in a panicked state, asking him to meet her. Kyon meets up with her, Yuki, and Itsuki to find that he has been experiencing an endless loop of events from August 17 to August 31. When time reaches August 31, time resets and everyone's memories are erased (albeit not thoroughly). This is caused by the fact that Haruhi does not want summer to end because she feels she still has things she must do. Yuki reveals that this is the 15,499th time they have looped and that she remembers every single repetition. Haruhi closes up the summer activities, and Kyon suffers a more intense moment of déjà vu, but still can't think of what to do to make Haruhi satisfied therefore letting the loop continue.
- This episode was the 14th episode broadcast for Season 2, but was the fourth new episode.
- This is the only Endless Eight episode in which:
- The intro plays after the SOS Brigade meet up in front of the station, rather than before.
- The scene involving the cicada-catching contest is not animated; instead, it is shown through still frames and Kyon's narration.
- Haruhi does not carry an ice pop when she meets the other Brigade members after their supermarket shift.
- When Kyon meets the others at night, Itsuki says that they are stuck in an Endless Loop three times, representing the three Endless Eight episodes up until this point.
- Paranormal phenomena observed: déjà vu and time-loop