Mikuru sometimes refers to Japan as "this country", and implies (even in front of Haruhi) that she is not familiar with its customs very well. Is it known what country she claims to be from? — Hellerick 20px 16:31, December 20, 2009 (UTC)
Relationship with Yuki
It's probably worth mentioning that the scene where Mikuru hugs Yuki in Remote Island Syndrome was censored in the anime version, and as such was probably intended to be viewed as lesbian subtext. Also, the lyrics of Toki No Puzzle imply that they're spoken towards somebody she's never known to smile. If it were somebody whose smile she'd already seen, the line probably would have been "I like to see you smile."
Also, is there any other reason she's hesitant to join the brigade until she sees Yuki? - 188.8.131.52 11:34, November 7, 2010 (UTC)
- Because Mikuru saw that her rival was already present, and therefore in order to protect her party's interests she had to be close to Haruhi as well. — Hellerick 20px 12:26, November 7, 2010 (UTC)
- But when she's introduced, she clearly doesn't reckognize Haruhi or Kyon. So why would she reckognize Yuki? - 184.108.40.206 12:38, November 7, 2010 (UTC)
- LOL, how she could be not aware who Haruhi was if she was the only reason why she was in this time? It's just she was ordered by her authorities to watch Haruhi from afar, and suddenly she was seized by Haruhi herself. Of course she was scared and confused. — Hellerick 20px 12:54, November 7, 2010 (UTC)
- "W-where is this place? Why did you bring me here? And, w-why
are you locking the door? What do you want with me?"
- Mikuru's superiors are jerks. I wouldn't put it past them to just say "Look out for a girl named Haruhi" and send her back just like that. - 220.127.116.11 13:05, November 7, 2010 (UTC)